Do you need a better way to manage your tasks and projects? Check out Todoist, the task management tool that can help you get more focused and organized. Todoist is a task management tool that can help you get more focused and organized. It comes with a variety of features and pricing plans to fit your needs. Todoist comes with a variety of features and pricing plans to fit your needs. In this article, we will take a look at all of the pricing options available for Todoist, as well as the features included in each plan.
Todoist offers three different pricing plans in 2022 (with the Pro plan renamed from Premium in 2021):-
- Todoist Free: Free
- Todoist Pro: $5 /month ($4 with annual billing)
- Todoist Business: $8 /month/user ($6 with annual billing)
The Free Plan is the most basic plan available for Todoist. It includes all of the core features, such as task management, subtasks, file uploads, due dates, priorities, comments, labels, calendar syncs, and access to templates. The Free Plan also allows for 5 Active projects, each with a maximum of 300 tasks and 20 sections. An activity history also allows for a 1-week lookback period.
- 5 Active Projects (with 300 tasks & 20 sections per project)
- 5 Collaborators per project
- 5MB file upload
- 3 Filter views
- 1 week activity history
The Premium Plan is the next step up from the Free Plan. It includes all of the features from the Free Plan plus the Reminders features. The Premium Plan also allows for increased usage.
- 300 Active Projects (with 300 tasks & 20 sections per project)
- 25 Collaborators per project
- 100MB file upload
- 150 Filter views
- Unlimited activity history
If you are a business owner or team leader, you may be interested in the Business Plan. The Business Plan includes all of the features from the Premium Plan, plus team inbox, team billing, and admin&member roles. The Business Plan also allows for increased usage. An important difference with this plan is the pricing, which is charged per user/member.
- 500 Active Projects per member (with 300 tasks & 20 sections per project)
- 50 Collaborators per project
- 100MB file upload
- 150 Filter views per member
- Shared team inbox
- Admin & member roles
- Team billing
In my opinion, Todoist Pro at only $5 / month is totally worth it. Having 100MB file uploads allows me to attach larger attachments to tasks e.g., recipes for shopping lists, or documents for admin tasks. Having used Todoist for years, unsurprisingly, I use it to organize all my personal and professional life and so the maximum 5 active projects would be a limiting factor for me. Lastly, the reminders feature on the Pro plan helps keep me disciplined to ensure I get all those tasks done! If these don’t sound like issues for you, you could try the Free plan to begin with and upgrade to Pro if needed.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably aware of the main task management capabilities of Todoist. So here are a few additional features that you may not be aware of:
- Sections: allow you to group related tasks together for easier viewing.
- Subtasks: allow you to detail out the individual steps to complete an overall task if helpful
- Recurrence: lets you specify tasks that need to be repeated on a consistent basis
- Priority: enables you to set higher importance for the most critical tasks to be completed
- Reminders: Available only with the Pro plan – reminders help alert you to time-sensitive tasks that need additional focus
- Boards: For those familiar with Kanban-style cards (e.g., as used in Trello), this view may help you see the big picture of tasks
- Labels and Filters: Help you to personalize views e.g., for certain projects or certain priorities
- Reporting: Visualizations of your productivity along with activity histories (limited to 1 week in the free plan) remind you of your progress and help motivate you to continue your productivity streaks
Todoist offers a variety of pricing plans to fit your needs and I hope this article has helped further your knowledge on the various features. Whether you are an individual or a business owner, there is a plan that is right for you. Be sure to check out all of the features and pricing options available before making your decision. Todoist is the task management tool that can help you get more focused and organized. Get started today!